Monday 1 December 2008

Baby Bird...what is it?


Does any of the readers know what kind of bird this is?
Today I was sitting near by back door when this little fellow just appeared. It cheeped so quietly I quickly looked around to see where Felix was, no problem there, fast asleep on my dining table. Happy to leave him there for now, I wasn't going to allow this one to end up as his dinner.
The chick was so calm, it let me walk up and pick it up, no hassles.
Not being in a position to care for it myself, I rang wildlife rescue people and within half hour, they arrived and took the chick into care where it can be properly looked after. I have no idea what kind of bird it is.
As much as I love my cats, I can't stand to see them eat helpless animals.

3 comments:

Ginro said...

Baby Wattle bird?

Anonymous said...

I don't know but he is cute. I am glad Felix didn't find him first. I know what Lionel would do to the little fellow.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

No idea what it is but I'm glad it is being looked after. You are a kind person, nunyaa.