Friday 28 November 2008

28th November my own Rememberance Day



Time it eases heartache,

the memories always remain,

Of smiles , fun and laughter

and playing in the rain.

I still feel your arms around me,

a place where I was free

to be just a little girl

who sat upon your knee.

Thirty three years ago you left me,

You were lying so quiet and still,

when Grandad kissed your lifeless cheek

I prayed with all my will.

Gone from mortal life,

I waited for your return,

but Dad you never came home again,

the years, they slowly moved on.

In the darkest of my hours,

in desperate times of need,

I remember being that little girl

who sat upon your knee.

I still miss you Dad x

Baby M...I never got to say goodbye but you are with me always.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful rememberance poem!
I still miss my Dad too. It was 22 years Nov. 9th.


You take care of yourself, now.
Pam

CherryPie said...

I very beautiful poem, I am quite touched xx

Crushed said...

I've never really lost a loved one, not in that way.

Beautiful sentiments though.

Hope all is well with you :)

jmb said...

How sad to have lost your father as a little girl, although I was only 17 when mine died and by his own hand.

I'm sure you will never forget him and this is a lovely tribute.

jams o donnell said...

What a lovely tribute Nunyaa

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

A lovely tribute. If it's any help, nunyaa, I do know how you feel. Thinking of you and love from Sicily xx

balouba said...

just exactly true and beautiful !
I'm french...I dont speak a very good english but I can feel your honesty and your sincerity in your words !
thank you Nunyaa ! :)