Thursday 29 May 2008

Bribery does work

Amazing what an offer of $2 to find a pair of missing football shorts will do. All day we have spent looking in every cupboard, going through every single item of clothing piece by piece, searching all school bags even the freezer for these shorts. They form part of one son's uniform when he plays in the junior rugby league competition and at a cost of $30 each, I was determined that they had to be somewhere right in front of us. Much yelling, frustration and cursing and still no shorts. This afternoon I offered up a monetary reward for the first person to find these shorts and within 5 minutes, they was discovered. In the laundry which had been pulled apart, hiding under a wet towel, there they lay. Now, I might offer same reward to find my sanity , having lost it over a flimsy piece of material.

9 comments:

-eve- said...

Hmmm... it works so well that one would almost wonder if the same technique should be applied in other matters ;-)

Unknown said...

Now I reckon to find your sanity it's going to cost you a whole lot more and take a bit longer:-) If you have any success with it -send them to me as I regularly lose mine!
Thanks for visiting johblogs- I appreciate your comments.

Nunyaa said...

You are welcome Joh :-)

CherryPie said...

I hope that you don't have to fork out money every time something gets lost from now on!

Nunyaa said...

Me neither Cherie lol.

CalumCarr said...

Think this will cost you big time. Lots will go "missing" if they believe there's money in finding items.

Nunyaa said...

Then I just hide my money and tell them I am broke lol. Rewards other than monetary ones work also and are more beneficial I think.

jams o donnell said...

Well it worked. As for sanity, I have put the search for mine out to tender. The quotes are astronomical!

Nunyaa said...

Its over there ------->