Thursday 15 May 2008

Spam emails

The creators of these emails must think we are as thick as what they are.
Dear Sir/Madam
Wednesday, 14 May, 2008 8:00 PM
From:
To:
undisclosed-recipients
Dear Sir/Madam


I have been waiting for you since to contact me for your Confirm able Bank Draft of $11.4 MILLION

US DOLLARS United States Dollars, but I did not hear from you since that time. Then I went and

deposited the Draft with FEDEX COURIER SERVICE, I travelled out of the country for a Months

Course and I will not come back till end of December.

What you have to do now is to contact the FEDEX COURIER SERVICE as soon as possible to know when

they will deliver this parcel to you because of the expiring date covery it. For your

information,I have paid for the delivering Charge, Insurance premium and Clearance Certificate

Fee of the parcel showing that it is not a Drug Money or meant to sponsor Terrorist attack in

your Country.

Again, I would have paid for the Security Keeping fee of $440 usd but they said no because they

don't know when you will contact them and in case of demurrage.You have to contact the FEDEX

COURIER SERVICE now for the delivery of your Draft with this information, All you have to do
is contact furnish FEDEX COURIER SERVICE identification for verification of the details there in

there office:

Names in full,.............
Residential ...............
Zip code,..................
Country,...................
Telephone number,..........
Fax number,................
Age,.......................
Marital Status,............
Sex....................
Nationality............

NAME: Mr.James Collins (dispatch officer)
TEL..+234 80 571 377 37
COMPANY: FEDEX COURIER SERVICE.
EMAIL: fcfedexcourierservices1@gmail.com

Then you will know when it will get to your address.

Let me repeat again, try to contact them as soon as you receive this mail to avoid any further

delay and remember to pay them their Security Keeping fee of $440.00 US Dollars for their

immediate action. You are send this payment to them to enable the dispatch the parcel to you.

You should also let me know through email as soon as you receive your
Draft.

Yours Faithfully,
Mrs. Joanna Benz

10 comments:

CalumCarr said...

I got this today. The company seems genuine and McAfee siteadvisor gives it a green tick BUT would any company work this way? I'm giving it a miss.

"Hello,

I am the webmaster of www.pinhole-glasses.com

I was reading your blog and I see you have a very impressive way of describing things. The information you provide is very helpful. So I was wondering if you could take a look at our product pinhole glasses and write a review about it in your blog www.

I would really be interested to know if you would accept payment for this review or try our product and the rest is up to you.



Regards,
Lisa Anderson
glassy.iris@gmail.com
"

Crushed said...

And the ones from the employees of banks in Burkina Faso telling you about people dieing in plane crashes leaving no relatyives but loads of unclaimed money...

CherryPie said...

I delete all mine without reading ;-)

Nunyaa said...

I usually do delete without opening , this one I opened at the internet cafe and just copied the contents without forwarding it, back to myself.

James Higham said...

Makes you really wonder about these people but I suppose there are gullible people who will fall for it.

James Higham said...

[Gullible people including me]

Nunyaa said...

Oh I don't think you would be that stupid.

jams o donnell said...

Just £440 for untold riches? Oh if only I ever got an e-mail like this!

Colin Campbell said...

Dear Mr O Donnell

I represent a Scottish Family stranded in Adelaide. We have come across a distant family fortune in the UK, but we need to open an account in the United Kingdom to access the money.

For a very small management fee of 10,000 pounds we will open the account and immediately withdraw all the money and leave you with nothing.

You will be left with a good feeling of helping a family in need and having been ripped off.

Would that work for you?

jams o donnell said...

Colin I will wire the fee forthwith!