Sunday 20 April 2008

2020 summit quick update

A proposal has been put forward and it is not yet clear who by but the proposal is that those born after 2008 be banned from smoking. Addiction to nicotine is a hard one to break and yes there are many illnesses caused from smoking. But this new proposal is the extreme and then our Health Minister Nicola Roxon states one submission was for annual national fitness testing with financial incentives for those who pass. Who is going to pay for all these incentives? Not the government but you the tax payer. Next you know they will be telling us not to use 2ply but 3ply toilet paper. Let's see if they ban alcohol consumption as well. I'd like to see that and if Australia continues on the Big Brother path to control almost every aspect of our lives, I'll happily pack my bags and move elsewhere. Don't insult our intelligence, we are not children and do not need to be told how to live our lives.

5 comments:

Colin Campbell said...

Allelujah Amen.

James Higham said...

Trouble is if you pack your bags and move elsewhere, this is what the others elsewhere are also doing so everyone's moving elsewhere.

Many consider the government has no place legislating on personal matters. I'm in the middle on this.

Nunyaa said...

Not where I have in mind it isn't.
Well we may as well go live in North Korea or China where they tell us what to do and when to do it.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I'm in the middle somewhere too. I do take your point, though, nunyaa. [Btw, sorry I've been a poor visitor lately - have been unwell the past few days.]

Nunyaa said...

I hope you are feeling better soon then Welshcakes :-)
Am happy to see diferent opinions to mine and respect those who voice it.