Sunday 27 April 2008

Book Meme

Kate has kindly tagged me to do this book meme,

The task:
  1. Pick up the nearest book.
  2. Open to page 123.
  3. Find the fifth sentence.
  4. Post the next three sentences.
  5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.


I am tagging LORDSOMBER, JMB, JAMS, WELSHCAKES and COLIN.

There are a few I can't choose as they have already been tagged but take up the challenge anyway even if you haven't been tagged. All those who have visited here, have a go at this.



Ok I have picked up Extreme Weather by Christopher. C. Burt. On page 123 I have found the fifth sentence and the next three sentences are as follows:

Storm-surge floods--when a sudden rise in the sea level inundates coastal areas, usually during intense hurricanes prior to the landfall of the eye. Also happens on a lesser scale from intense storms of a non-tropical nature,like the "northeasters" of the Atlantic Coast. Dam failure flood-- more often than not the result of faulty engineering, and consequently not covered in this book.

7 comments:

jmb said...

Nunyaa, I've been tagged I don't know how many times for this meme and have yet to post it. Every time I pick up some random book and check it, the result makes no sense and I throw it down, vowing never to do it again. I'll try again soon. Thanks for thinking of me.

Nunyaa said...

That is ok JMB, I think probably most have been tagged somewhere along the line with it so all good :-)

James Higham said...

I did this one a few weeks ago.

Nunyaa said...

Well I never seen it, and you notice I never tagged you as Kate already has.

CherryPie said...

Must get round to doing mine in a minute :-)

jams o donnell said...

Thanks nunyaa I'll do mine today

Nunyaa said...

I hope no one has Penthouse magazine close by :-)