Saturday 19 April 2008

The Olden Days Television with a dash of New




Cheech and Chong. Many nights spent laughing at the sheer idiocy of these two and the movies they made. How many times did I sit through Nice Dreams and Up In Smoke. At first I couldn't understand what they was on about , am not sure if I would sit and watch them now or find it as humourous. One video that does grace the shelf is Ferris Bueller's Day Out and the Austin Powers trilogy. There is just something about the cheek of Austin Powers that cracks me up every time and with his pick up lines and of course the hairy chest.
Must have another video night and after recent discussions am planning on seeing The Dead Zone and Sleepy Hollow. Does anyone remember The Ghost and Mrs Muir? Seen the movie years ago and as a kid used to watch the series on television. They don't make movies or tv shows like they used to.
Cartoons are nothing like yester-year. Good old Bugs Bunny, Sylvester & Tweety, Elmer Fudd, Wylie Coyote, Foghorn Leghorn, Taz, Speedy Gonzales, Road Runner and can't forget Donald Duck and Daffy. They were something special.

4 comments:

CherryPie said...

They certainly don't make programs like they used to. I can't remember the last time I watched the telly!

James Higham said...

What's up, doc?

jams o donnell said...

I reemember watching the Ghost and Mrs Muir. I loved Daffy, Bugs, Elmer Fudd et al. I don;t think I would want to see the Hair Bair Bunch or the Great Grape Ape back though!

Nunyaa said...

I love the Ghost and Mrs Muir, would like to see Alf the alien return to tv Lol :-)